Phone: +49 234 957157-51
Fax: +49 234 957157-50
Conveyor Belt Testing
Steel cord conveyor belts run down the main arteries in mines and are used not only for the transportation of bulk materials but also for man-riding. It is therefore essential they satisfy high safety and reliability standards in operation.
Precise information about any damage to the inner steel cords (steel wires) can be supplied by non-destructive magneto-inductive conveyor belt testing. This covers:
- Damage to the steel cords, e.g. strand and cord breakage and corrosion
- Irregularities in cord pitch and splice
- Other irregularities
Our testing programme includes:
- Testing of all types of steel cord conveyor belts
- Testing at conveyance speed
- Testing while in operation; test equipment on bottom belt during conveyance
- Testing in hazardous areas where there is a risk of firedamp and explosion (approved equipment)
- Testing of special conveyor types, e.g. toothed belt
- Cover thickness measurement (on request)
Interpretation and assessment of the measured test data provides you with a complete status or test report. By carrying out damage analysis at an early stage it is possible to plan any necessary repair and maintenance work to be carried out at a time when your operations can best afford it.
Testing is carried out by our accredited DMT Laboratory for Non-destructive and Destructive Testing - Rope Testing Centre.