Dr. Joachim Brandt
Phone: +49 201 172-1124
Fax: +49 201 172-1735
Gas & Methane Control
Different gases, such as methane and carbon dioxide, occur in coal deposits and other geological formations. During mining and tunnelling such gases are released in more or less large quantities.
In coal deposits methane (CH4) is the most relevant gas, as it
- represents the major part of the whole gas adsorbed by the coal
- is a considerable safety risk because of explosion and gas outburst hazard,
- is an important energy resource and
- is a greenhouse gas which is 21 times more harmful in global warming compared to CO2.
DMT has more than 100 years of experience in gas emission and offers
- services for the control of gas emissions to mine operators and tunnel construction companies and
- engineering and consultancy for the power generating industry, emission traders, investors and developers of emission reduction projects, for example under Kyoto Protocol.