Phone: +49 201 172-1970
Fax: +49 201 172-1693
BOREHOLE SHUTTLE System
The Borehole Shuttle is a geophysical logging system for inclined and horizontal exploration wells.
Initially, Shuttle measurements were made as part of a research project, but since then the Shuttle principle installed in wireline drilling rigs has developed into a safe and low-cost surveying method.
Currently surveys are being regularly carried out with the Coal-Combi Shuttle, a Borehole Shuttle specially developed for coal exploration.
- The unproductive time that occurs when removing the pipe string is used to carry out low-cost surveys.
- It is safe to run the tool into a hole deviated at any angle and even into instable regions.
- Risk of losing a tool is very small because the biggest part of the tool remains in the drill pipe.
- Flushing can be performed during the survey.
- Surveying hardly interrupts the drilling progress because it is necessary to remove only a length of drill pipe that corresponds to the surveying length.
- The rigidity of the pipe string compared to that of a borehole cable is ideal for carrying out high resolution surveys.